What would you do if you were president of your country for a day?
During an event in Geneva, KWACE asked children this question and got them to draw their answers on a wall of paper. It was very revealing. Many children under the age of 10 talked about wanting to have a peaceful planet, to save the environment and making sure that everyone can see a doctor when required. This event sparked off our Future president’s calendar project.
How it works
- The school signs up to Future president’s calendar
- Students decide the calendar theme
- Students do the drawings and a panel (students/KWACE directors) chose those for the calendar
- The drawings are scanned and sent to KWACE
- KWACE has the calendars made
- Students sell as many calendars as possible
- The school gives the money raised to KWACE
- The school chooses from one of four projects the money will be donated to:
- Niger school
- Myanmar vocational training
- Paraplegics, Switzerland
- Tanzania school
- All participants receive a KWACE certificate of participation
Students will discuss and learn about the different themes raised. They will enjoy the creative process of making the calendar, with the knowledge that their efforts will improve the lives of less fortunate children.
Contact KWACE for more information